Pulmonology focuses on treating, diagnosing, and treating diseases and issues involving the respiratory tract. Those who provide pulmonologist services are specially trained to assess the condition of the lungs and provide the proper treatment methods based on the recommendations of the patient’s physician. Anyone suffering from difficulty breathing issues may notice problems performing daily activities or an overall reduced quality of life. Pulmonologist services can help treat and manage these issues and prevent them from becoming worse. In addition to treatment, pulmonologist services can also equip patients with the education needed to further treatment efforts.
Types of Pulmonology Issues
IPR’s In-Home Pulmonologist Services
- Assess the patient/home health care professional’s ability to administer oxygen as ordered and management of the equipment safety
- Assessment of medication regimen and plan for safety and compliance
- Maintain patent airway and mobilization of secretions by use of respiratory treatments, medications, and effective cough
- Medication monitoring regarding therapeutic levels and dosage in patients with complex respiratory care regimen
- Optimize functional capacity while minimizing hospital admission/readmission within the limits of the disease process
- Teach energy conservation, diaphragmatic breathing, and relaxation techniques
- Teach factors that trigger exacerbation of respiratory problems
- Teach the patient effective coughing, deep breathing, and pursed lip or diaphragmatic breathing.
- Provide the patient/caregiver with the necessary education for infection control procedures/prevention.
- Teach therapeutic exercise program for strength, ROM, and coordination for ADL’s
Why Choose IPR for Your Pulmonologist Care?
At IPR Healthcare, we are committed to providing our patients with an overall exceptional experience when treating their pulmonology issues from the comfort of a home setting. We work closely with the patient’s current physician in order to develop the most effective and personalized method of treatment. We believe in providing our patients with the highest quality pulmonology services in the Greater Houston community. Additionally, we equip our patients and their home health care professionals with the necessary education to promote a quicker recovery and retain independence. By bringing our extensively trained staff to your home, we are able to further your treatment without the anxiety and reduced independence that often comes with being housed in a medical facility. Not only does this allow our patients to adhere to their normal routine, it also allows more time to be spent with loved ones. This can help speed recovery by promoting mental well-being and reducing stress.