Behavioral health is the medical study of behaviors, emotions, and biology relating to a patient’s mental well-being and ability to function in daily life. While it includes mental health, it is important to keep in mind that the two are not interchangeable. Mental health simply relates to biological factors, where behavioral health encompasses all aspects that contribute to mental health, such as habits, behaviors, and external forces. The ultimate goal of behavior health services is to help patients function in order to lead healthy and fulfilling lives. Patients receiving behavior health services may need assistance attending work or school, engaging with their families, or participating in their communities.
Types of Behavioral Health
Behavioral health applies to any aspect that factors into a patient’s mental and overall well-being. Some common types of behavioral health issues include:
Who Can Benefit from Behavioral Health Services?
Patients who experience the following can benefit from behavioral health services:
- Late-stage diagnosis of a terminal condition
- Recent diagnosis of chronic disease
- Recent diagnosis of personality mood disorders
- Signs of Late Life Depression
Patients who cannot function due to psychological issues can notice a dramatic improvement in their conditions with the help of behavioral services.
IPR’s Behavioral Health Services
Our behavioral services include:
- Advocacy with community agencies
- Assist with community resources and support groups
- Assistance with long-term care planning
- Behavioral health observation & assessment of condition
- Coordination with other members of the health care team
- Coping skills & management of the condition
- Evaluate environment & contributing factors of the condition
- Home safety & emergency education
- Inpatient placement for additional counseling
- Management & evaluation of patient care plan
- Medication education
- Monitor therapeutic effectiveness & management
- Patient & family education of disease process
Why Choose IPR for Behavioral Health Care?
IPR Healthcare System, Inc. provides highly trained and specialized staff to our patients in order to provide the most effective behavioral health services. We understand that health issues can have a tremendous impact on a patient’s overall quality of life, so we are dedicated to ensuring that our patients receive the highest-quality behavioral health services. By listening to each patient’s individual symptoms and needs, we are able to construct a comprehensive and personalized treatment plan to meet the patient’s needs. With the specialized treatment you need and the friendly service you want, you can ensure IPR will provide you with the best behavior health services in the Greater Houston community.