Neurology is a branch of medical science dedicated to disorders and diseases of the nervous system. Neurology encompasses both the central nervous system, the peripheral nervous system, and the autonomic nervous system. Also included in neurology is the study of structural and functional disorders of the nervous system, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Because the brain is among the most vital organs in the body, any patients who develop neurological issues should seek the help of a specialized professional.
Types of Neurology Issues
Patients diagnosed with the following conditions can benefit from neurology services:
IPR’s Neurology Care Services
Our professional neurology services revolve around disease education, medication education, safety awareness, psychosocial services, and community relations. IPR’s neurology services include:
- Assess vital signs, any post-operative complications, reaction to medications and activity, and notification of changes in patient condition through regular skilled visits
- Instruct on risk factors of neurological diseases
- Instruct patient on pathophysiology of disease, diet, exercise & use of medications
- Instruct patient on signs and symptoms of seizures, TIA’s, early signs of MS, ALS, and Parkinson’s
- Administer injections per MD orders
- Create a medication profile worksheet
- Customize a realistic medication schedule
- Instruct on side effects of medication
- Lab draws ordered by physician, in-home PT/INR tests
- Review all medication for contraindications and interactions
- Assess home environment
- Assess need for PT, OT, ST, Home Exercise Program or any other type of therapy needed post stroke rehab
- Coordination of care with respect to DME, Private Duty, Social Services, etc.
- Instruct on proper body positioning pre, during & post seizure
- Low-vision rehabilitation: For those patients diagnosed with low vision impairment, our occupational therapist will help develop a program to assist the patient in becoming independent with necessary activities of daily living.
- Parkinson’s and other neurological afflictions
- Perform post-surgical wound care
- Telemonitoring used to provide daily vital signs monitoring & reporting
- Alzheimer’s training program for the caregivers
- Assess patient’s attitude about managing disease
- Assess verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Instruct on coping skills to manage disease process and maintain compliance
- Coordinate contact with support groups if necessary
- Coordination of community resources by a licensed Medical Social Worker
- Describe importance of seeing PCP and other healthcare providers regularly
- Provide important numbers to community resources
Why Choose IPR for Your Neurology Care?
At IPR, you can ensure you are receiving the best neurological services in the Greater Houston community. We are dedicated to providing excellent neurology care services, focusing not only on medical treatment, but also community relations, psychosocial services, and education. This provides a comprehensive treatment plan that benefits the patient by allowing them to receive services that are equal to those of a medical facility from the comfort of their own home. We believe that nothing should hold patients back from their daily routines or other things they love, so we utilize our professional and friendly staff to ensure our patients are receiving the best neurology care treatment possible.
Free download resources
IPR Healthcare is proud to offer the following resources for your personal use completely free of charge.
|Referral Order Form||1,523 KB|
|Cardiac Care Sheets||166 KB|
|Cardiac Care Plan||91 KB|