Nephrology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of issues relating to the kidney, including disease, electrolyte disturbances, and hypertension. Additionally, nephrology encompasses care for those requiring renal replacement therapy, such as dialysis and renal transplants. Conditions and diseases affecting the kidney are not limited to the kidney itself, but to the excretory system as a whole, and require specialized treatment services. Nephrology services can be beneficial by ensuring the body is receiving sufficient fluids, reducing the risk for an infection, and educating patients on lifestyle changes that can reduce the risk of further problems.
Types of Nephrological Issues
Nephrology services can alleviate the symptoms of many issues, such as:
IPR’s In-Home Nephrology Services
- Admission RN will perform a comprehensive assessment
- Assess for abnormalities post dialysis treatment
- Assess psychosocial needs
- Assessment for infection risks
- Assessments for physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Assist with infusion therapy on non-dialysis days
- Education provided on disease process and lifestyle modifications
- Fluid management
- Maintain coordination of care with dialysis center for changes in patient’s condition as needed
- Medication management and medication reconciliation performed
- MSW and Home Health Aide
- OT focus on energy conservation
- Patients are admitted on a non-dialysis day
- Physical therapy focus on endurance
- Provide/assist with insulin injections to diabetic patients as needed
- Provide/assist with wound care as needed
- Timely clinical updates to physicians as needed
Why Choose IPR for Nephrology Services?
IPR applies our commitment to quality treatment to our outstanding and effective nephrology treatments. Our skilled and friendly staff provides expert services to our patients to treat and manage symptoms from the comfort of their home environment. Additionally, we provide the necessary education to our patients to help avoid future problems. We work closely with our patients’ current physician, along with the patient themselves, in order to curate an effective and personalized treatment plan that blends seamlessly into the patient’s current routine at home. In turn, this promotes an improved quality of life and can help patients maintain their independence. Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent services through every step of the patient’s treatment. By choosing IPR for your nephrology services, you are ensuring that you receive the highest-quality treatment from an outstanding team, dedicated to treating you with a personalized and effective plan.