While it is normal to feel pain due to an injury like a cut or muscle strain, normal pain will cease once the injury heals. Chronic pain lingers once the injury has healed. This pain can persist weeks, months, or even years after the initial injury. Medically defined, chronic pain is any pain that for 3 to 6 months or more. Normally, pain comes from a series of signals within the nervous system that affects the pain sensors. These signals usually stop after the original cause of the injury is resolved. However, chronic pain means that these signals continue to fire, even after you have healed. Chronic pain can dramatically interfere with your daily life and mental health, keeping you from activities you love or simple daily routines. However, with the help of chronic pain management services, the pain can be managed or treated.
Types of Chronic Pain
There are many factors that lead to chronic pain. Some common factors that lead to types of chronic pain are:
IPR’s Chronic Pain Management Services
IPR’s professional chronic pain management services include:
- A comprehensive nursing assessment and individualized pain assessment for acute and chronic conditions with on-going reassessments as ordered by MD
- Appropriate treatment with drug and non-drug therapies
- Assistance with personal care and ADL’s by our Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistants
- Coordination of community resources by our MSW
- Education about pain management issues for patients, families, providers and the communities in which they live
- Evaluation by a Physical Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist for rehabilitative services as ordered by the patient’s physician
- Falls prevention identification and education
- Patient advocacy, case management and communication with patient’s physician
Benefits of IPR’s Pain Management Services
- Pain and symptom management
- Optimal functioning
- Control of side effects
- Appropriate use of drugs & non-drug therapy
- Enhanced quality of life
Why Choose IPR for Pain Management Services?
IPR is dedicated to getting our patients back to their lives without suffering from pain. We believe in providing personalized, caring, and effective treatment to provide an outstanding experience for our patients. Our specialized and knowledgeable staff looks at each patient as an individual in order to provide the best care possible. We take time to listen to an individual’s symptoms, medical history, and current physician’s recommendations in order to determine the best method of treatment. This allows for more effective treatment, which in turn promotes a faster recovery time and improved overall quality of life. There is no better choice for chronic pain management services in the Greater Houston community than IPR Healthcare System, Inc.